Our next virtual training session will be held on January 13th, 2020 at 7:30 PM The main focus of our discussion will be the judging Red Cattleyas
1) We will begin our training session with a presentation from Valerie Lowe on the Special Award Winners from AOS
2) We will begin our Red Cattleya discussion with our Student Judge speaking to the award-ability of Blc. Taeko Tamaki 'B' as presented by Gordon Slaymaker. Photos and measurements are provided in the link to your left and right.
3) In preparation for our meeting, I have posted a couple articles from AOS on red Cattleyas. (Thank you Rob!!!). These articles can be downloaded from the links on the Blc. Taeko Tamaki 'B' web page - The link is to your left. Rob Gresbach will then speak to the different scientific aspects of what makes a Cattleya flower 'red' and the breeding behind them.
4) In our last discussion, Ken Meier mentioned Slc. Hawaiian Prominance 'America' and how it flowers differently in different temperatures. Rob will be addressing this phenomena as well.
5) Our February Discussion will be on two new Cymbidium hybrids presented by John Dunckelberger. Details are provided in the links to your left.